Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Backbiting

I first saw this on Nabeel's blog and I was really disturbed by it. Though I have to admit, it's kind of brilliant and very effective. The Arabic near the end is a part of a verse from the Qur'an, translated as: "O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it. But fear Allah. For Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful" (Qur'an 49:12).

Wow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!

I'm sorry, I get the point and it's a nice idea and all. But the beautiful babes kinda ruin it.

Anonymous said...

Tell me one thing;
I know the ayaat you mentioned, to an extent it haunts me a bit. Its not that I'm unfairly suspicious of everyone. However, I sadly find quite a lot of brothers and sisters in Islam too self-endulged in their own lives, having some self gain/advantage behind everything they do. Thus not able to count, depend and trust on many (maybe its due to past experiences, getting burned by such people).

So would being 'cautious' of them, count as suspicious? (cautious among many things also meaning being careful, not able to trust people. People I wish and want to call my own....but sadly are not my own in the true Islamic sense due to how they are)

Anonymous said...

wow, that video makes me want to throw up - which i guess means it's effective. it's gross, but a needed wake-up call. may Allah protect us from this, and from what's much worse.

M&M said...

wow thats ... creative

actually i just read a hadith a few mintues ago

"Backbiting is worse than unlawful intercourse. "