Sunday, September 06, 2009

Top 10 Alhamdulillahs

When I feel overwhelmed with work, sometimes I take time out to make an "Alhamdulillah" list. They are not very eloquent.

1. Alhamdulillah that I woke up today with no real worries (except that I have to organize my room and stuff before school starts).

2. Alhamdulillah for the beautiful month of Ramadan, which is unprecedented in blessings and mercy from Allah (swt). Even when I go through trials of patience throughout the day, I know that when it comes time to break my fast, my stomach will smile. And when I go to pray taraweeh in congregation, my heart will be eased standing in front of my Creator.

3. Alhamdulillah for running water, which gives rise to showers that wash away the body's tense worries and furrowed brows.

4. Alhamdulillah for chocolate and all its variations. Because sometimes I just need a shot of chocolate to get me through the day - you actually can get chocolate shots here.

5. Alhamdulillah that I'm able to appear offline on gmail chat.

6. Alhamdulillah that You've helped me avoid bad things in life, even though I was ungrateful to You. Seriously, Allah (swt) has had my back in ways that were so unforeseeable that it boggles the logical mind.

7. Alhamdulillah for baby oil because it smells good. And babies like my nephew because they make my heart feel good.

8. Alhamdulillah for shib shibs so you can kill bugs that crawl into your house through open windows. Sorry little ones, but you and I can't live in peace.

9. Alhamdulillah for friends who can put a smile on your face when you're down, or give you a good kick in the pants when you're arrogant.

10. Alhamdulillah for the blessing of Islam. Otherwise, who and what would I turn to in times of need? And who and what would I turn to when my heart is happy and grateful and I need to thank someone?

Sigh, alhamdulillah.

5 comments:

M&M said...

Alhumdulillah indeed.

I like the idea of making a list...forces one to stop sulking.

mars said...

This post made my heart feel good.

abdul said...

i like # 10

'liya said...

This is great, I'm going to make my own list now :)

Cookie said...

Alhamdolillah, we still have people in the world with such a good sense of humor.