Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Evolutionary Revolution

Nauman of Target Theory has sadly ended his blog, but generously donated his unpublished posts to Randomly Placed. Here is one of them...

Everyone tries to better themselves to become more than they are. Then again, there may be some who don't but those individuals have little to gain from life than if they don't strive to be better. Regardless, over time, people do gain skills and become better individuals because of them. People and other creatures evolve over time to incorporate new skills into their skill-set and strengthen their ability to survive and succeed.

I've always loved turning weaknesses into strengths because I didn't want to be riddled with weaknesses. From trying to make sure that I was as intelligent as I could be to being the best that I could, I strived. Of course, it's a never-ending struggle because once a person becomes complacent, they fall prey to vulnerabilities. You simply can't give up on the pursuit of being better than you are... unless you're a shark since they haven't evolved in nearly 65 million years thanks to simply being designed from the start as vicious and timeless predators.

For every time I was told I wasn't good enough at something, I like to adopt a "prove-them-wrong" and "kill 'em all" mentality. I like to fondly remember the fight between Muhammad Ali and Ernie Terrell where Ali tortured Terrell for 15 rounds and kept yelling at him "what's my name" throughout the fight. Terrell kept calling Ali by his original name of Cassius Clay before he converted to Islam and Ali punished him for it. I find that whole situation motivating since Ali made a fool out of Terrell for essentially underestimating him and putting Ali down verbally and Ali did it in a very effective manner. Suffice to say, I don't plan to yell that to anyone but I do love the mentality there... it's an evolutionary revolution.

"Free thinkers are dangerous..."
-System of a Down (Mind)

5 comments:

Frazza said...

So is there where I should come to get my Nauman fix from now on? Nice.

Nauman said...

That picture and song lyric are from Asmaa... I didn't do those.

Asmaa said...

Well you have to expect some personal Asmaa touches on your post. Though you have to admit, they're pretty similar to your own song lyrics and graphics :D

Frazza said...

I would never have guessed that the picture was not Nauman's. And the lyrics. Flawless.

Nauman said...

That's true. Well done, Asmaa.