Sunday, October 31, 2010

Part II: 30 day photo challenge

Continuing the photo challenge...although I am technically 2 days late for this update. Oh well.


A picture of your night.

This is me getting into some odd mischief late at night. There definitely is something about the cover of night that makes you want to do stupid and fun and possibly fine-able things.

Like once on the occasion of my little sister's high school graduation, the two of us joined my brother on an all-night eating/movie spree. We went to an arcade, then watched a really late screening of the Karate Kid (Jackie Chan is amazing) and then hit several food joints - for shawarma, then a McFlurry, then we went to a couple different Tim Hortons because they kept not having the thing we really wanted - til we found (a deserted) one that was satisfactory. Amazingness.


A picture of your favourite memory.

I have a lot of amazing memories, but the one that trumps them all just happened last night. My sisters got together with some friends to plan a "surprise" party for me. Unfortunately, prior to the event, one of my friends accidentally spilled the beans and let it slip that this was happening. And my sisters felt very violent towards her because they were working so hard to keep it a secret. That was hilarious.

The party was a blast (the picture here is of a cupcake-cake which was amazing), and we played some interesting and embarrassing games. And throughout the process I realized I have the best sisters & friends I could've asked for, and that's what counts most. Plus there was good food, and that also counts. Ahem.


A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.

This question sobered me up a bit. When I think about whether I want to actually trade places with anyone in the world, the answer is no. Not because I have a perfect life - I don't. And not because I don't aspire or dream about having or being more - I do.

But I deeply value everything that I have and everything that I am, Alhamdulillah. So even if I could cop out and be someone else just for one day, I'd still want to be me. Thus, I refuse to post a picture.

2 comments:

Skeptigirl said...

When ever I read your name I keep reading it Asthmaa, and then I keep confusing you for breathing trouble, I'm sorry.

Unknown said...

God help us.