Tuesday, April 11, 2006

With Cream and Butter!

Asmaa, your blog misses your randomness. Alas, my hope is that my posts will stink so badly that Asmaa will be forced to return. I would like to share some good news. Yesterday my family and I were reunited with a long lost friend. She has brought much happiness and excitement into our once bland life. A few months ago, we thought she was lost forever. Here she is! Barefoot Contessa.. Who cares what her real name is.. Spring Will Be Pretty Spring will be pretty. Just give it a week, When flowers are blooming down by the creek. Bees will be buzzing as trees start to bud, But for the moment I'm covered with mud. Snow has been melting, since winter is through, Replacing the whiteness with puddles of goo. I stepped off the sidewalk and into the ooze. Next thing I knew, I stepped out of my shoes! Mud on my ankles and mud on my clothes. I stumbled face-first and got mud up my nose. Spring will be pretty, but I must confess, The first days of spring are a muckety mess!

10 comments:

Umar said...

AAH!
It's Barefoot Contessa...

>:O

Asmaa said...

That was a good post. Too bad she didn't make anything chocolatey yesterday though. What a waste of my life.

"I was waiting for you to reply all day, but then I realized you were at work"

hahaha.

Pakistani84 said...

I liked the poem... interesting...

Stylus Virus said...

Assalamu aleikum,

"and mmm, I'll just add a little bit of butter..."


poem was awesome; made me smile, I think you should tell it to your students.

Asmaa: >hug<

Asmaa said...

Mars, stop responding to comments when you're at school during "prep time." Why don't you like, go prepare something to teach.

Roman said...

Nice poem. Here is my own response. Although, I don't think it's a good idea to show my poem to Grade 2s! There's no title...

x-----------x

I thought spring had come,
the weather was nice,
the winter was gone,
no more snow and ice!

I packed away the jacket
and pulled out the shorts
put up my warm blanket
started planning some sports

but little did i know,
that Toronto's spring is a tease!
she let down the temperature
and pulled out her breeze

the snow that had melted,
and the puddles of goo,
everything that was nice
all of it began to undo

she breathed in my ears
a chill down my back
a blush on my cheeks
Stop it Spring! You're going too fast!

Yes spring is messy and gooey
but that i don't mind
its the way she comes and goes
that drives me outta my mind!

'liya said...

Um to "brother biryani".. I just read your poem..interesting poem.. did you write it? I defintely wouldn't give that poem to grade 2s ..or 3s or 4s..

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

LOL

:S

Roman said...

`liya,

yea i wrote it myself.. i`ll be signing autographs at u of t next week.. ;)..

but yea like i think grade 3 and up would be good to go with my poem.. if you think it wouldn`t be good for 3s and 4s then you`re reading too deep into it..

:P..

Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Mars,
You're not doing your job! Your post was too good, now Asmaa is never going to come back *hmph* (hmm, but do we want her back ...?)

:P

Mombasa said...

UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE