Thursday, May 04, 2006

History of my Dinner

So, my dad washed his kufi today. This is his new, and amazingly clean kufi after it came in contact with our dryer: There is a small part of his kufi left, but it looks more like a Jewish scullcap now that it shrank. I really doubt he'll wear it. Oh well :) In other news, my mom cooked chicken today. So my dad, who's very particular about food and how it's cooked is like "what's the history of this chicken?" (he meant, how was it cooked, but when you translate things from Arabic into English, they sound messed up.) So I started telling him about the chicken's history. "Well, abee. You see, first an egg was hatched. Then it was fertilized. Then after some time it cracked open and a cute little chick came out..." etc. I think he was annoyed. Hehe.

10 comments:

'liya said...

I always though it was fertilized before it was hatched :P

Nauman said...

I hand-wash my kufi's to avoid ruining them but it's tedious to do it this way still - thus, my kufi's don't get washed often enough in my opinion.

The history of the chicken was interesting.

Reviviscence said...

0o0o00OOOoo ... i lawwwww chicken

Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Awww Is that really your dad's kufi leftovers?! I'd cry if something like that happened with one of my hijabs.

Your dad is very entertaining masha'Allah :)

And Nauman really needs to keep up with his laundry.

And I also "lawwww" chicken haha

Okay time for class, toodles!

Asmaa said...

Aaliya, you seem to have skipped biology class.

Nauman, haha - you, handwashing stuff? Funny.

Dil, I laww chicken too. But I also laww cow.

Squeeky, yup - really my dad's leftover kufi. He's entertaining, indeed. He's like, cool.

Mars, back to you with crazy glue.

Anonymous said...

yay, someone else who calls their dad abee. I always get "why do you say abee, it so FORMAL, you should say BABA". whatever.

where are you from originally?

Anonymous said...

im so estoopid. I just commented and put my webpage as my blogger password. thank god for quick reflexes though - I deleted it. ahaha. um. :$

Asmaa said...

Nuralhuda, yeah, not too many people use the titles "abee" and "omee" :)

That's nothing though. My little cousins calls their dad "abatee" - which is in the Qur'an when Prophet Ibrahim (as) is telling his father not to worship idols.

"Behold, he said to his father: "O my father (ya Abatee)! why worship that which heareth not and seeth not, and can profit thee nothing?" (Maryam 42)

It's the most tender name you can call your father by. So, it's very sweet.

I'm orignially from Egypt.

Asmaa said...

On that note, Ismael (as), the son of Ibrahim (as) also calls his father "abatee" - "ya abatee if'al ma tu'mar"...

:D

Umar said...

thats why you let it air dry.