Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Snippets from a Mind Tired of Studying

So I have an English exam tomorrow, but I'm bored. I don't want to study. I have this issue with exams and tests - I just want to write them and get it over with. Studying is such a waste of my life. For this course, I just finished reading Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe and The Grass is Singing by Dorothy Lessing. Both of which were disturbing. The human mind without Islam is disturbing. Yeah, that's what I said. In other news, my friend bought me this flower for my birthday (she was five months too late, but it's okay): I asked her just now what I should write about it and she's like: "write, u know about how much u love me and stuff." So I will write about that. She occupies a space in my heart that no one else will ever occupy. This tiny place deep, deep, deep inside somewhere. In other news, I was eating apple pie yesterday for the first time in years (okay, maybe months). Me: This pie really brings back memories. My sister: memories of what? Me: umm, memories of pie. In other other news, someone said to me on Sunday: "Asmaa, I visit your blog pretty regularly, hoping to find something good. But none of your posts are worth commenting on." I'll give you something worth commenting on. *Shakes fist* Hater.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, thats gotta be the cutest birthday present ever, asmaa. in fact, i don't think i've ever gotten a present that cute. its like the perfect birthday present. and who cares if its five months late. means she's been thinking about the perfect gift to give you since five months. in fact, probably even longer, since she must've been thinking about what to get since five months before your birthday came around. your friend is so thoughtful and sweet. i really envy you. i wish i had a friend like that. sigh.

'liya said...

I just finished an essay on Things Fall Apart and I also found the book disturbing :S

Anonymous said...

Hajera is such a loser. ;-)
By the way, Asmaa, you should have posted a pic of the flower on your arm.

Anonymous said...

Bro, we should get together sometime next week.

When we can fly and be free as birds, unless you're taking summer school, then you're a poor, sad sap.

And you can give me back my Arrested Development DVDs back, which I forgot you borrowed but then I just remembered.

Asmaa said...

Hajera, like, omg tee hee yeah lolzz.

Aaliya, everything we English majors study is bound to be disturbing.

Mars, well excuse me if I like more than just M&Ms.

Insomniac, that might have been just a tad too much for these innocent viewers ;)

Sara, yeah, let's do that. Not sure if I'm taking summer courses yet or not, so we'll see. Oh yeah, the DVDs. Haha don't act like you forgot. I know you didn't...

Anonymous said...

no way, you're still writing exams? oh, the drudgery...

english exams are always the worst.

Anonymous said...

I actually did forget. I was looking around my room and yelling at B for putting them somewhere ... but then I remembered that I lent them out. Oops.

American Muslim 1983 said...

*** Smiles and shakes his head in disbelief ***

Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

hahaha "shakes fist" ... I have the perfect emoticon for you ;)

And that present was very cute, I wish I had one of those. I've been thinking about making a pie for the longest time, now I shall, insha'Allah.

And English itself as a major can be disturbing *grr*

Reviviscence said...

awww ... koocheekoo flower

AP said...

Someone showed me an episode of American Idol, and one of the judges on the show is really bitter and critical of everyone. He makes people cry. I thought when he retires from the show, Asmaa can so take his place.

Anonymous said...

Asmmmmmmaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Your funniness eludes you....what's happened? I think you need a hug. I need a laugh though...soon...please.

Asmaa said...

Who-made, the drudgery indeed. English exams aren't actually that difficult, they're just very boring.

Sara, haha poor her.

American, eh?

Squeeker, I agree with you, it is very cute. I need that emoticon asap :D Not only is English a major pain, but those who are taking a major in English are also majorly disturbing people. :S

Yusra, it's not alive. It can't actually hear you saying that.

AP, that guy is a wimp. I could make him cry.

Anon, my funniness eludes me? No, it was just never there. You were simply too deluded to see that ;)