Wednesday, December 07, 2005

December

The long December and there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last... It hits with remarkable speed. November 1st rolls around then BAM, just like that, it's December. My birthday's at the end of December. It's funny because I imagine myself teasing my mom when I was in there. Like, I was totally going to be born the next year but then I just felt like surprising everyone. Okay, it's not that funny after all. I was thinking that technically, I'm already 20 seeing as how I was in my mom for 9 months. People just start counting your life only once you're born...but why? You're alive when you're in the womb too. I was telling my sister this and she said in that case, why don't we just start counting our age from when Allah (SWT) created us in the heavens and made us bear witness that he was the only God worthy of worship... So, I had to recall my previous argument. In other news, a button fell off my coat when I was at school and rolled onto the street. So as I was picking it up I was picturing this sign: Just pretend that the circle is a button. I was sewing it back on today and I made absolutely sure that I made the stitching tight so it wouldn't fall off again. Of course, it had to end up being misaligned with the rest of the buttons, so I'll look kind of like a moron. Oh well.

9 comments:

Umar said...

"Just pretend that the circle is a button."

that's a pretty big button.

Umar said...

haha
thats hilarious

'liya said...

Happy early birthday :D

AP said...

In the traditional Chinese culture, they added another year to your age; because they, like Asmaa herserlf, felt your life began from inside the womb and hence your age should reflect that.

Anonymous said...

You want to spend Janurary 1st at my house? I'm having a bunch of friends over and we're having an Arrested Development marathon - a show that you should know and love! My sister (BM <--- her initials, duh!) will be around as well because she loves the show, and you pretty much know my friends.

A nice wholesome party before school!

Asmaa said...

Ahy, your comments confuse me.

Sara, I accept. I haven't watched TV since Ramadan so I'm in need of a good vegetative state :)

Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

You know what sign always makes me laugh? The ones on the bus that say "watch your step" and it's an image of a stickman slipping haha aww poor little guy ...

One of my buttons is literally hanging off a thread, I should learn from your story and deal with it before it rolls off onto the street. Or my luck ... falls into the snow *grr*

Thanks!!

Asmaa said...

Squeeky, glad to be of service :)

Ahy, I'd believe you, really. But you can't even spell the word right, so I highly doubt it's copyrighted to you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, are you coming over tomorrow with your mom?

Just so that I can come straight home after my exam - ON SATURDAY MORNING!!