Saturday, January 14, 2006

Idle hands

I came here to type something. Something of any benefit or use or to explain some random event that has happened. Something that would make you laugh or even smile in the least. Perhaps I should remark on the strangely mild weather we've been having, or my first week back at school or how I lost one of my socks in today's laundry. But all of a sudden I realize that there's nothing behind this screen of yours. Just angry fingers that type idly for a purpose that has yet to be determined. The emptiness that surrounds every inch of myself is so difficult to describe. I don't say the words I feel because that would mean I was explaining the state of mind which I'm in. To explain it is to understand it. And it can never be understood. Words are the play things of intelligent men and the folly of the average. Indeed, I falter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so cool.

Umar said...

lost your sock?
now you can finally use that catalogue system of yours.

Stylus Virus said...

assalamu aleikum,

this made me feel somewhat sad; then I realised that your writing is such that it has the ability to move one into subtleties that otherwise, one would be unwilling to experience.
p.s: please keep and annotate your snippets of prose and prose-poems; creative non-fiction *is* a genre and you, my dear, are on your way towards making a clear mark in this stream of things.

write something happy for me though :)

>hug<

Anonymous said...

"Words are the play things of intelligent men and the folly of the average."

Girl, that statement alone is enough to make up for any crazy ramblings on your blog. ;-)You're being too hard on yourself. Just put your fingers to the keys and type away. Then post it on your blog and we'll be the judge. Whaddya think?

Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

I love the way you right hehe masha'Allah. Sometimes there is just no point in explaining yourself because like you said, no one will understand what you are trying to express.

Asmaa said...

Sara, I'm not so sure I'm as cool as you think. I'm more like, lukewarm.

Umar, I did use the system. It worked.

Olde, I'm glad I made you experience something you were unwilling to experience :)

Saf, add ingredients to me. Stir me. Then judge me.

Squeeky, if this is life: the continuous misunderstanding of what you feel, I want a refund.