Monday, January 02, 2006

Because she told me to

wannabe nerd says: yo can u like please update ur freaking blog! Asmaa says: why are you so freaking obsessed with it? wannabe nerd says: i dunno wannabe nerd says: cuz its freakin weird wannabe nerd says: like me wannabe nerd says: and i need my daily dose of weirdness Asmaa says: that shouldn't be too hard wannabe nerd, just take a gander in the mirror wannabe nerd says: hahhaa wannabe nerd says: very funny wannabe nerd says: now go update ur blog man!!! Asmaa says: what if I say no? wannabe nerd says: then umm i won't be ur friend anymore wannabe nerd says: and no birthday gift for u! Asmaa says: Fiiiiiiiiine. Watch this... Upon the request of wannabe nerd, I've decided to post "A day in the life of Asmaa..." (Umm, I'm not really sure why this is in third person, but what the heck.) Once upon a time, there lived a mediocre type girl. Every day she would wake up for fajr, go back to sleep, then have her mother wake her up with the call "Asmaa, get up, you're going to miss Zuhr!" Asmaa had some favourite pastimes, including making ridiculously bad jokes about how she hadn't posted on her blog since last year. It was alright for the first day, then she began receiving threats on her life if she didn't stop with these painful jokes. Days passed with her coming to the aid of damsels in distress over very important blog issues. Like, "Asmaa, how do I change my blog header. It's a matter of life and death." Asmaa spent her days of freedom in quiet solitude of her room, reading books that were utterly and completely useless. Asmaa would sometimes inch her way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where she could easily spend a few hours. Life was good for the girl of deep and shallow thoughts. When night dawned, she stayed up reading or bumming or surfing blogs that weren't half as cool as hers. She enjoyed going to bed after everyone else was already asleep. After all, with a big family, it's nice to have some quiet time. Okay okay, I'll stop.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much obliged that you have acted upon my request. And that was a very informative post. I do have to raise two concerns, however.

Firstly, I would hardly describe you as a "mediocre type girl." More like a "freakin weirdo who tried to delude herself, and those around her, into thinking that she was some sorta cool chick who went by the name 'Queen of nerds' even though she was as close to nerdiness as ice cream is to pizza."

Secondly, I would hardly describe your new year's joke as simply "painful." Thats quite an understatement to tell you the truth. Rather, I would describe it as a "someone please, for the love of God, shoot me now before I have to hear Asmaa says 'blog' and 'last year' in the same breath again" kind of joke.

Perhaps we should have an objective 'day in the life of Asmaa' rather than a subjective one where Asmaa ends up deceiving her readers on important facts about her life and hides the many blemishes in her sadly confused personality. Tsk tsk. Its wrong to lie, my dear. I'm sure your cookie monster kiddies could tell you that too.

Anonymous said...

Ah, and how could I forget the greatest flaw in Asmaa? True her blog may be one of the coolest out there, but nothing surpasses the coolness of wannabe nerd's blog. Not even coolness itself. ;)

Umar said...

(insert self-promotional line here)
But surely, my blog looks much better than yours.

Nauman said...

Interesting and clever entry, Asmaa.

Anonymous said...

That has got to be one of the scariest posts I've read on this blog.

Asmaa said...

Wannabe nerd, my identity is pretty simple and I think that you're trying to complicate it in an unreasonable manner :P My jokes may be painful, but you know you love them.

The funny thing is that I don't actually hide my "sadly confused identity" - I think I make that rather clear.

Ahy, your righting is the suck comparde to mine.

Umar, you wish.

Nauman, oh how I've deluded you.

Safiyyah, it is? Wow I would've definitely thought the scariest post was that one with a picture of a monster at an MSA meeting. Ahem.

Asmaa said...

Ahy, man, you always do that! Grrr

Pakistani84 said...

I think I am going to like this blog world :)