Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sock Library

You know you hate it when you lose one pair of your socks in the laundry procedure. Many people will swear that it's the dryer that eats them up... So I'm trying to come up with a system where I have an inventory of all of my socks. The plan is, each of my socks gets a mug shot to go to the proper authorities (mom) once it gets lost. The authorities will then take the necessary measures to locate the missing sock and bring it back to safety. My sheep ankle socks, they make me laugh. My famed Elmo socks, which I love. But unfortunately, one of the pair has recently acquired a hole, so I can't wear them anymore. Now, these are my black men's socks that I "borrowed" from my brother's drawer when he went on a business trip. I borrowed several pairs. I saw these once and I had to buy them. I always thought that Piglet was just too cute for his own damn good. These socks make my toes look like sausages, which is quite appropriate. These ones are really warm and fuzzy and were given to me by a friend :) Monkeys. Bananas. It makes no sense and I have no explanation except that I wanted to own them. Then, there are the plain and boring grey socks that we all have. Ahh, boring yet sturdy. Now these socks tick me off because their elasticity has worn down, so the material bunches up at my ankle. These pink socks are only worn when I have no other clean socks. Yes, it's true: behind every sock, a story. (If you haven't realized this already, I just wanted an excuse to post up pictures of my socks for no reason whatsoever except that I felt like it.)

9 comments:

Pakistani84 said...

kinda different...

Anonymous said...

u forgot to mention the pink socks are stolen. give them back if u know what's good for u.

Bushra said...

I love the toe socks. And the Elmo socks are really cool too.

Umar said...

something stinks

:S

'liya said...

Aww the ones with toes are cute!

Pink said...

toe socks rule!!
lol. cant believ u actually arranged each pair and took pics of them.... too much time!

Anonymous said...

WOW Asmaa....loved the post.
Eye

Nauman said...

That was one of the most original posts I've come across. Very inspiring.

Asmaa said...

I don't know...socks.