Thursday, January 19, 2006

This little pill

Okay, it's not that I have anything against going to sleep, but I have the strangest dreams. Don't get me wrong, they're not nightmares, they are just very very odd. Take this as an example: I dreamt a few days ago that my friend dressed up as Santa Claus. But, you know how in your dreams you just KNOW things. Well, I KNEW that he was supposed to be Santa Claus, but when I looked at him, he was a chicken. Dressed in a huge chicken costume. It was ridiculous. His mom was also getting angry with him because he looked like, well, a moron. And, to top it off, it was at one of his relatives' wedding. It gets worse. So, for some reason, all the wedding guests are divided into groups to play a game. What is the game, you ask? Well, one person from your group chooses an Urdu word and then says it out loud then everyone else sort of chants it out after them. Yes, that was the game. So, my turn came up and I had to think of an Urdu word. But, well, I couldn't. So, the chicken was staring at me and yelling "c'mon, you must know some Urdu words!" Then, just my luck, the athan rang out and everyone dispersed for prayer. Then, when I left the wedding, I went to a restaurant with some miscellaneous friends and this guy, Michael Smith, from Chef at Home was behind the counter: He started talking to me like we were old friends, then proceeded to offer me a job at the restaurant (which I, by the way, happily accepted). If someone has pills they could share with me, please do.

12 comments:

Umar said...

i doubt it's sleeping pills that you need.

and i seriously hope that the feathered santa was not me.

Umar said...

oh.. and maybe the chicken came out of your traumatization of losing your hat.

Umar said...

my four year old nephew just looked at the picture in your post, and goes "he's from food network"



...no idea how he knows that.

editor said...

Dreams are like that. But right now season of dreams I guess. Every day my wife is telling me the Khwaab...often very outrageous, sometimes dark and ominous....Today I had to console her for long time, she had such a bad dream

Nauman said...

Dreams can sometimes be an insight into life... a window to another perspective for which we may not have thought about before...

...in your case, that was one messed up dream however. No insight in that one. :)

Anonymous said...

Salaam Asmaa,

Thanks for making me laugh....and think! It takes a unique person to do that :) Anyways...when am I getting pictures from the dinner dude?

Stylus Virus said...

He's from "Chef at Home" but also "Chef at Large". And oh, is he large (mashaAllah, the guy's tall).

I miss my Asmaa fix!

Asmaa said...

Umar, I didn't say anything about sleeping pills ;) Psht, everyone knows that guy from the food network, unless you're a loser.

Indscribe, yes, dreams are like that: strange yet fascinating.

Nauman, this WAS an insight into my life. It's just a little bit more messed up than other people's lives.

Bro, very true. I'm still suffering.

Fro, wow, I made you think? Brilliant! The pictures will be in your inbox shortly. By the way, I think I had the closest thing to a hangover after the dinner because of how much cake I ate :D

Olde, yes!! Someone who actually watches the food network! But Contessa is still my favourite ;)

Ahy, psht.

Pink said...

LOL!!!

i just read this today & couldnt stop laughing - it should be illegal to enjoy another's misery this much...

guess this one aint likely to be in ibn taymiyyah's dream interpretation book ;)

Anonymous said...

MMMM Food Network..

Television + Food = Asma is happy

Anonymous said...

MMMM Food Network..

Television + Food = Asma is happy

Asmaa said...

Ms. H, you're completely right. But I suggest that you get the spelling of my name right.